Planning a weekend getaway with your loved ones? Or perhaps you are going solo. You need to pack your belongings before the fun expedition. It’s probably a trekking tour or a relaxing weekend at a luxurious resort.
You need a suitable and versatile bag for all the weekend getaways! These are useful, especially during international adventures.
So, what kind of travel bag should you invest in for short trips when traveling through significant airlines? Don’t worry! We are here to share the different types of options you have for short trips. Dive right in to discover the different types of weekend travel bags with innovative foldable features and zipper pockets.
Understanding Your Options
Weekend trips should not be tiring – they ought to be rejuvenating. If you carry the wrong kind of bag, there’s a chance you may get drained out moving it around. You don’t want that, do you? Here are a few options:
- Backpacks – A compact-size bag in resistant Oxford fabric is the perfect choice for short trips. If you are going on an adventurous tour involving a lot of walking, hiking, or swimming, we recommend a lightweight and portable backpack. This helps in easy carrying.
- Duffel bags – You need a good-quality travel bag for your trip. When looking for a good option, you may consider duffel bags. They are lightweight and are also made with a durable material. Buying this will be good work.
- Rolling luggage – Rolling luggage has two wheels and can be pulled at a forty-five-degree angle. The most significant benefit of having rolling luggage is that there is no pressure on the wrists or your palm. Save yourself from backaches on short trips. Rollers are pretty reliable on rough terrains, but you might have to rethink the plan of taking it to the mountains or an adventurous tour next time.
- Weekender Bags – Although weekender Bags are much like duffel bags, they are usually smaller. They are perfect for a weekend getaway and fast shipping. And you get slots to keep all your belongings on short trips. Choose an additional opening design that fits your requirements.
Key Features to Consider
There are a few features to remember when purchasing a travel bag. Let’s quickly look at the key elements before you say YES to a trendy travel bag with a fixed strap design on short trips.
- Size: Since it is a weekend trip, you want something light, easy breezy, and good-looking. But, you might wonder if the bag is versatile enough for other trips. Figure out how many clothes, shoes, and other belongings you want to carry.
- This will help you choose a suitable size for the travel bag. Of course, consider a bag with a lightweight design. This bag with a shoulder strap will be helpful if you carry sweaty clothes while returning from a trip.
- Durability: Whether it’s a resort stay or a mountain hiking tour, you need a bag that lasts long and stays strong. Durability is the key.
- Check the bag’s material, and then do a quick test of the handle (in case you are purchasing a duffel bag). Sturdy construction is a must! Consider your selection results.
- Compartments: You want a bag with as many cases as possible, especially inside pockets. This way, you can keep the charger, makeup, and other objects separately. Front zip pockets are always a great idea. You can buy small electronic items or any personal item.
- Material: If the material is of the highest quality, you will enjoy its durability. Make sure you purchase a strong travel bag to hold as many items as possible for the weekend getaway. Depending on the material, you would know if the shopping bag has a foldable or rigid design. This is the ultimate space-saving solution.
Our Top Weekend Travel Bag
Here are some of the recommendations we’d like to share for avid travelers:
Pros: The best choice for adventurous tours, lightweight, waterproof, easy to carry, sturdy, and compact. The backpacks are best for day-to-day use.
Cons: Not so ideal for luxurious getaways.
Pros: A versatile beach bag for travel purposes, lightweight, durable, and stylish, it has zero risk.
Cons: It might be hard to carry on hiking tours.
Pros: Stylish, no stress on your back and wrist, the best choice for luxurious getaways, and durable.
Cons: Not the best option if you are hiking or moving from one destination to another.
Mastering the Art of Efficient Packing
- Pack one pair of comfortable shoes for a quick weekend getaway.
- If it is a quick weekend adventure, carry one pair of jeans and one swimwear. Swimwear is best if there is a swimming pool or waterfall in the area.
- Iron the clothes, fold them, and then pack them in the bag with a patch pocket. This helps in the expansion dimension. Say no to wrinkled clothes – they occupy much space in the bag.
- Keep all the toiletry items and makeup in a pouch. Zip them, and keep them inside the bag. If you have compartments for these items, you may keep them there, but a zipped pocket is much more organized.
- Long trips require additional clothes and shoes. But a weekend getaway should prioritize what is and isn’t needed for the journey.
- If it is an adventurous tour, make an emergency kit with essential items like a torch, matchsticks, a water bottle, a few packs of biscuits, and pepper spray. Keep these items in a pouch and place them inside your bag.
We hope these tips work for you. It’s a short trip, so don’t carry anything extra. Travel light!
Maintaining Your Investment
Bags don’t come cheap these days. You have to take good care of them. Even travel bags are an investment. Here are a few tips to take better care of your luggage bag:
- Shake well and brush down: Turn the bag upside down and shake it well. This will help you eliminate all the dust and dirt inside the bag.
- No submerging: Do not submerge the bag into the water. You would want to spot-clean the bag using a wet cloth. And then dry it under the sun.
- Soft bristle brush for cleaning dirt: Use an old brush to dust off all the earth.
- Use a mild detergent: Say no to chemicals. You need a mild detergent to clean the bag.
- Use warm water: Always use lukewarm water to clean any bag or extra bag of good quality.
- Avoid the washing machine: Hand washing is the best decision. Do not put the travel bag in a washing machine.
Big kids ought to be more responsible about their belongings, so make sure you clean the bag before and after every adventure.
Now that you are investing in an occasional travel bag, you must have certain accessories. It’s a big evil world out there, so make sure you have a lock on. You can find travel bag locks easily online. You might even get fast delivery and free shipping once you order a bag lock.
Second, you might want to invest in a luggage tag. It is made of plastic or cardboard and has all the essential details like your name and address. This won’t have an airline complaint.
Third, consider investing in packing cubes if you want to pack everything neatly inside the bag. These help you keep everything in an organized manner and in perfect condition.
Affordable Weekend Travel Bags
Wasn’t this a fun read? But we are not done yet. The article is incomplete without our two cents on affordable weekend travel bags.
You can always find great deals on travel bags online. The key is to do thorough research while buying lightweight design bags. It’s okay to add a few items to the shopping cart and then compare them.
This will help you narrow down the choices while considering a spare bag. Take your travel needs seriously!
You can get backpacks and some duffel carry-on bags for a cheap price. It depends on the brand and the features. You may check out a few options online, such as school backpacks. But considering a travel bag with a multi-pocket design is an investment, get a great quality bag instead.
When selecting travel essentials, a dry separation bag is a must. It’s the object that allows you to carry your whole world. This is just a weekend getaway, so make sure the dry separation bag ticks all the boxes.
1. What size of weekend travel bag is ideal for short trips?
Backpacks, duffel bags, and rolling suitcases are the best travel bags for short trips.
2. Are backpacks or duffel bags better for weekend getaways?
We suggest getting a backpack if you plan to move around a lot. Packs are more accessible to carry. Duffel bags are also lightweight and durable, but gear is more accessible for short trips. Moreover, they offer plenty of storage space.
3. Can I carry my weekend bag as a carry-on on flights?
4. How do I clean my travel bag to keep it looking new?
Harsh soaps and chemicals can damage the travel bag. Make sure you spot-clean the dirty areas with your hands and a mild soap. Don’t put the travel bag in a machine.
5. What are the best packing practices for a weekend travel bag?
When packing your bag, make sure you fold all the clothes beforehand. Once you fold all the clothes neatly, they remain wrinkle-free, and filling your bag becomes easier.
Weekend getaways should be fun, painless, and memorable.
Having the right kind of travel bag can make your journey memorable. You don’t want to huff and puff in disappointment and pain after the fun-filled weekend getaways.
So, do your homework and invest in the right travel bag, especially if you are a new customer. It’s going to be your ultimate travel companion for years. Make a good decision while enjoying weekend getaways while on an airplane seat. Good luck!