If you are looking for the best WordPress books to improve your blog, this is the right article! WordPress has been known for a while now to be one of the best ways to get your blog out as more people begin to blog. So, knowing how it all works is essential for almost all bloggers.
I have always used WordPress for my blogs–first for Miss Millennia Magazine and now for Blogging, Money, Life! And I can tell you that I have never regretted it.
But I have regretted not knowing all of the things that WordPress could do to help my blogs grow faster and more efficiently. There are so many ways to improve your blog posts while using WordPress, making it a great choice for anyone, no matter their skill level!
With all that being said, let’s not waste any more time. Here is a list of some of the best comprehensive WordPress books about blogging in 2022!
1.WordPress All-In-One For Dummies
The “For Dummies” books have always been known to “dumb things down” for those who are beginners to new things. And in this case, it is learning the basics of WordPress and the best way to grow your blog.
In its summary, this “For Dummies” book describes WordPress as state-of-the-art but not impossible to understand how it works. It will take you from learning the basics, such as using page builders and creating a domain name to more advanced topics, such as creating custom post types and your own themes.
Written by Lisa Sabin-Wilson, this is a great book for blogging beginners to learn the basic development skills that you will need to succeed! I found the best price for the printed book on Barnes & Noble for $35.99.
2.WordPress 3 Complete
The next book focuses on the best practice you should have while using WordPress. Written by April Hodge Silver, It is a great book that covers web design, the best wp themes, and even how to create custom plugins!
It is an easy read with only about 340 pages, but it is comprehensive and clear with its guidance. You can find the paperback version on Amazon for a little over $5.
3.WordPress Explained: Your Step-by-Step Guide to WordPress
The 2020 version of this book is written by Stephan Burge, a prominent teacher for those who wish to build their own websites. This is a high-quality book that every beginner blogger should read.
This is a visual guide with step-by-step instructions that explain how to navigate the latest version of WordPress. It also uses real-world examples to make it easier to understand while figuring out common problems many people tend to face while using WordPress.
Check out the table of contents here:
- WordPress Explained
- Planning for Your WordPress Website
- Your First 10 WordPress Tasks
- WordPress Posts Explained
- WordPress Categories and Tags Explained
- WordPress Pages Explained
- WordPress Media and Galleries Explained
- WordPress Plugins Explained
- WordPress Contact Forms Explained
- WordPress Themes Explained
- WordPress Page Builders Explained
- WordPress Widgets Explained
- WordPress Menus Explained
- WordPress Users Explained
- Finishing and Launching Your Site
- WordPress Site Maintenance Explained
- Optimizing WordPress Explained
- What’s Next?
This is the best book for those who definitely want to build their own WordPress site with a responsive design without having to know how to program. This can easily translate to becoming a business site for any online business owner!
You can buy this book on Amazon for about $17.
4. Teach Yourself VISUALLY WordPress
This book covers many web services for beginners in this third edition of George Plumley’s “Teach Yourself Visually” series. While it goes over WordPress, Plumley also encourages you to learn what platforms would work best for mobile devices!
It has screenshots and examples that are used to teach in a real-world sort of way. If you are a visual learner, this is a good book to have on hand.
This book is on my list of the best WordPress books because it makes learning something a bit more complicated, easier than ever. You can find this book on Amazon starting at about $12.
5. Head First WordPress: A Brain-Friendly Guide to Creating Your Own Custom WordPress Blog
It is a mouthful of a title to type into your search engines, but it is worth it. This book will be one of your best friends when customizing your website because it covers the best WordPress themes available and how to make your own plugins!
Its author, Jeff Siarto, is a web designer who wants to share his knowledge with you. You can also find this helpful book on Amazon for about $8.
6. WordPress: Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Creating Your Own Website or Blog
This is a super easy read with less than 200 pages. Andrew Mckinnon wrote this simple book for blogging beginners and focuses on its readers’ WordPress development.
From reading the book reviews on Amazon, many people find this book to be great for bloggers and those who own an online store! They swear that it is easier to understand WordPress design and use it for their own needs.
You can find this book for a little over $6 on Amazon.
7. WordPress for Beginners 2021
This is another great book for beginner bloggers who also learn best visually! The book’s author, Dr. Andy WIlliams, included over 330 screenshots to help his readers learn all about the WordPress platform.
The good news about this book is that it also has an accompanying website that offers updates to information over time. That way, its users will always be up-to-date!
You can read this book’s amazing reviews on Amazon and buy it for $13 while you’re there!
8. WordPress 5 Complete
This is Karol Krol’s seventh edition of this book. This book is definitely one of the most comprehensive on this list for WordPress. It focuses on the newest version of WordPress while also teaching you how to build a functional website that is easy for your readers to navigate!
Here is a quick view of the table of contents:
- Introducing WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress
- Creating Blog Content
- Pages, Media, and Importing/Exporting Content
- Plugins – What They Are and Why You Need Them
- Securing your WordPress Website
- Choosing and Installing Themes
- Customizing your Website Appearance/Design
- Developing your Own Theme
- Social Media Integration, Podcasting, and HTTPS
- Developing Plugins, Widgets, and an Introduction to REST API
- Creating a Non-Blog Website Part One – The Basics
- Creating a Non-Blog Website Part Two – E-Commerce Websites and Custom Content Elements
This hefty book, at a little over 430 pages, can be found on Amazon for about $32.
9. Professional WordPress: Design and Development
With their third edition of this book, Hal Stern and David Damstra are back with even more content that promises that you will improve your skills on WordPress. This book is full of new and updated screenshots meant to help you gain all of the WordPress knowledge you need!
You can find their book on Amazon for about $10.
10. WordPress Plugin Development Cookbook
Written by Yannick Lefebvre, this book will teach you all the ins and outs of creating plugins for WordPress. A detailed step-by-step guide gives you examples of codes and their “recipes.”
You can overview the table of contents here:
- Preparing a Local Development Environment
- Plugin Framework Basics
- User Settings and Administration Pages
- The Power of Custom Post Types
- Customizing Post and Page Editors
- Accepting User Content Submission
- Customizing user data
- Creating Custom MySQL Database Tables
- Adding New Widgets to WordPress’ Library
- Enabling Plugin Internationalization
- Distributing your plugin on wordpress.org
Although this book is another long one, at almost 400 pages, it is full of great information for bloggers! You can purchase it on Amazon for $31.
11. WordPress Plugins: The 672 Best Free WordPress Plugins
This book, written by Eliot Tennant, opens with a fact that I am sure not many people know (including myself) that WordPress powers 30 percent of websites! This book is best for those who would love to take advantage of all the free plugins available through WordPress.
Eliot searched and researched for each of the plugins and made it into a handy little book for the world to easily use!
You can find it on Amazon (like everything else) for about $7.
12. 1-Hour WordPress 2021: A Visual Step-by-step Guide to Building WordPress Websites in One Hour Or Less!
Looking to learn how to utilize WordPress but do not want to spend a ton of time learning it step-by-step? If so, then Dr. Andy Williams’ book is definitely for you!
The book’s goal is to teach even beginners how to build a fully functioning website in one hour or even less! This can be done by going over the things that are needed to know and is not bogged down with a lot of technical talks.
You can purchase it on Amazon for $11.
WordPress has been known for some years that it is one of the best ways to use as a young blogger and even as a business owner in some cases. This is why so many amazing books are available for you to read on this specific website!
I am so glad I could share at least some of the books I have read (or heard nothing but good things about) with you. Let me know in the comments below if you have any other books I forgot to mention!